Sunday, February 1, 2009

A busy week...Great, but busy...

Hello beauties...and Tony...

Just a few updates today.

First, I wrote an article for ParentingPink.com about little girls and learning about money, and it is running this week. So rather than fill your eyes with my drivel here today, will you go see Elizabeth's site? She really has put together an amazingly professional site filled with great parenting information...at least...it WAS great until I got MY paws on it...go see.

Next, I am headed to Vegas for the week for work...no real time to play, just a lot of work and a few scary moments with whichever of you stalkers decide to follow me out there to profess your creepy love.
I know, wishful thinking. Jill Jill, don't disappoint me.
Sorry if I don't have a lot of time to read and comment this week...getting caught up with the 200+ blogs I love when I get back will prove to be a challenge...

Finally, there will be something special happening this week, starting with an announcement tomorrow during my Tuesday's Tribute. You see, I, like many of you saw what happened on Friday, when little Tuesday Whitt lost her battle with cancer. I'm planning a call to action, I hope you'll come see.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

Alisha said...

thank you so much for following the Whitt's story. They are such a great family.

Ash said...

You'll be working at 2 a.m.?

Looking forward to your tribute. Em

That Janie Girl said...

Have a good time!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I'll be here!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

My heart is breaking for the Whitt family. I look forward to your Tribute on Tuesday. Have "fun" in Vegas (I am all too familiar with the "fun" that is the business trip!!)

Frogs in my formula said...

Can you bring me back a shot glass? That's the one city I don't have!

Lee said...

Oh, I just found the Tuesday blog. I'm so sorry for her and her family. That is awful.

And have fun in Vegas! I sure know that I don't.

jill jill bo bill said...

Who window peeps who, Tom? Ok fine, I won't follow you to Vegas. Have fun without me. (Like that will happen...)

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Have a safe and fun trip....dont work too hard.

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Be safe & have fun. I await your Tribute. As you are aware of the trials we have had around here. My heart goes out to Whitt's family. As your header states," Plan all all you want, fate doesn't care."

Claremont First Ward said...

Enjoy Vegas! Can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Thank you so much for doing something for the Whitt family. I want to do something for them, but don't exactly know what.

Brittany said...

You simply must try and have at least SOME fun in Vegas. It'd be a sin otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Tuesday Whitt's story touched me in so many ways. It's drawn me out of my shell and shaken me to my core.

Thanks for your tribute to her and all the other people whose lives have been irrevocably touched by cancer. I think what you're doing is a amazing and I'll definitely be donating!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson