Well at long last, I have been tagged for the first time by my dear friend Ann over at Beadiful Things to tell you six things about me. So let me get thru this quick before I head over to my substandard psychiatrist...
1. I am Canadian. There. I said it. Or at least, I was. I am a naturalized American, so I am now official...about 15 years ago I went through naturalization with a large crowd of people who it seemed, at the time, cared much more about being at the final ceremony than I did...they cried, waved their flags, hugged their families, they were really in the moment. Me, being young and dumb, stood there thinking, "I have lived here a large chunk of my life...can someone just mail me my damn certificate so I can get back to work??" (Don't get up in arms on this one...I get it now)
2. I LOVE women. Now don't take this in some sleazy way...I mean it sincerely. I am one of those lucky guys who finds something attractive in EVERY woman. Whether it is your intellect, your smile, your graciousness, your wit, your talent, your hair, your sincerity, or your individuality, big and small, I LOVE YOU ALL. You talk, you listen, you care, you ROCK. Even when at your worst, you are sensitive, gifted, caring and beautiful beings...My friends Deb, Nannette, and Ann will tell you I am the group lesbian...the man who thinks more like a woman, but still loves women. I'm comfortable with it. There's a compliment in there somewhere.
3. I don't know *$&% about sports. Maybe it was because I spent my formative years in Europe, maybe it is my love of talking, writing, and living...maybe I just don't care about sports. I guess, again, this makes my testosterone/estrogen levels one step further off kilter. And this leads me to number 4...
4. I am NOT living on the "down low". I know where the mind goes when I say things like in points 2 and 3. For both of the gentlemen that read this blog, take comfort in the fact that you and I will NEVER have an uncomfortable moment in an elevator. Please refer back to number 2...I LOVE WOMEN. I choose not to get specific at this time, but my wife will attest to the fact that I am an avid and eager participant in the benefits of marriage. If you are gonna watch Oprah, fine. Spend your time with her, I don't care. But never assume that an emotionally gifted male like myself necessarily has some dark secret. I'm simply a renaissance man.
5. I recently lost 30 lbs. And Deb criticized me recently for not including an "after" picture to go with my St Baldrick's article, so I present one of me and my declining waistline today. Please keep the "I thought you said this was an 'after' picture, Jay" comments to a minimum...I'm very proud, and I feel awesome. I'm the target of some flirting again after many years...forgot what a self-esteem builder that was. If you are interested in reading about my weight loss, you can find it here...but I took it off, and am keeping it off (despite the vodka and olives), and I feel fantastic.
6. I am in love with 2 women, and 1 man. My final confession...I love my family. My wife and I are better than we have ever been, my kids are amazing, and things are incredible. Time for Murphy to snap his foot off in my ass, I guess...I'll tempt him some more as I go for my vasectomy this fall. Maybe the next HalftimeLessons.com giveaway should be that the winner gets to drive my waddling behind home from the urologist. Stay tuned.
Ok...my turn to tag some folks...I am choosing these three because I really enjoy their writing, and I'd love a further glimpse into their psyche...
Cass at Cass Just Curious
Kristina at Pulsipher Predilections
"NutJob" over at Frogs in my Formula
If you three have done this before, my apologies, just send me the link so I can read it, but if not, consider yourself tagged.
6 hours ago