Friday, October 24, 2008

Name my drink, and...CARISSA!!!

As I sit here tonight, reading the musings of my fav authors and sipping (ya, like I sip) one of my fav concoctions, I realized something...

This drink has no name.

Let me introduce you to... Tito's Handmade Vodka and Diet Orange Sunkist.



Two immediate jokes come to mind:

"Yes, times are tough."

and

"I know, my body is a temple."

But the thing is...this drink has no name...you know, like, "Sex on the Beach"... or "White Russian"... or "I can quit, honey, just give me one more chance!!!"

So, will you help me name it? Drop me a comment, and share your genius...when I hear one I like I will lift my head off the toilet seat and give you a slobbering nod.

NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS:

HalftimeAward


I have developed an award. An award like every other...an award like no other. An award to celebrate bloggers who have helped me get started, or who have tolerated me, or simply who have not gone so far as to ban me.

And yes, I do understand the knee-deep irony in nominating a Mormon in the same post as I ask you to name one of my fav alcoholic beverages...give me SOME credit, will you? But there is no denying this woman has been helpful beyond belief to myself and my newbie blogger comrades in starting sharing our gift (snicker) with the world (40 other people)...So help me congratulate...

CARISSA!! from Good and Crazy People...

Twittermom and Blog adviser, Carissa has been instrumental in helping me get HalftimeLessons going in one way or another, and I thank you. There are no 12 step program requirements to this award, and you are not asked to pass it along. I am simply handing it to wonderful people like you who help others. You seriously rock.

Allow me to adorn you with some blog jewelry below, and thank you, Carissa, for everything you do. You complete me... You had me at hello... Carpe dentum...seize the teeth. Go to the mattresses... My name's Forrest... Ok...I am stopping.


And it'll look like this:
HalftimeAward


Stumble Upon Toolbar

22 comments:

Deb said...

well, it should be called The O.J., of course.... short for Orange Jay. it's perfect... named after it's creator, alludes to the ingredients, AND you can say, "honey, could you pour me an O.J.?" in front of the kids/in-laws/co-workers, and they won't know you aren't trying to get your daily dose of vitamin c.

and yes, carissa totally deserves an award for putting up with you.

Ash said...

Congrats to Carissa!!

How about the "Pansy" - DIET Sunkist? Put an umbrella in it and be done with it already. And to Deb's point, again, another harmless word to shout out in front of the kiddos.

Guess there's no chance of me getting that award anytime soon?

Em

jill jill bo bill said...

I love me some Carissa, too! (Can you add my name on there for her somewhere?) I think you need to forget about being sneaky and just yell out:
DOS=(Diet Orange Soda)
+ TIToS(vodka)
-------------
two tits

You can say it OR act it out...
honk honk

AndreAnna said...

LOL @ Pansy!

How about the KissTit? or Kissing Tits?

SunKISt + Tito?

Which, by the way, I have to say I'm a little appalled. As a martini snob, nothing less then Grey Goose goes past these lips. :)

AndreAnna said...

Or if we want to be less crass, what about "Orange Kissies for the Man Sissies?"

Luanne said...

How about "my body's a temple"...I think it's perfect!

Oh how I wish I rocked...workin' on it!

AnnieRoso said...

I didn't even know they made diet Sunkist. Have to check my local grocery store for that.

I'm not feeling witty this morning; after ingesting more apple cider vinegar, it's all I can do to stay out of the w.c. So I'm just gonna second Debbie's entry. Short, sweet, topical, uses your NAME -- it's perf.

Luanne, you rock. You rock because you're so self-aware you know you don't rock. Kinda like nerds being the new cool kids. :-)

The Mom Jen said...

How about Citrus Slide? When I tell people about martinis or other vodka drinks I seem to always say "it just slides right down" for some strange reason!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Wow. And. Whoa.

First. I totally thought you WERE naming that Da@& drink after me! The Carissa!

Second. I am shocked and shamed and humbled. I have been known to ignore awards..(heck I make fun of them) That one from Brazil? Hello, the mother of get hits back scheme. IT's IN PORTUGUESE for Pete's sake!

You have totally rocked my world, upside down, completed ~ what the heck does 'Seize the Teeth' mean??

And to Deb and EM and JillJill? Thanks. I loves you too.

I choose to ACCEPT.

Kristina P. said...

Well, I do have the Diet Sunkist in my fridge.

And Congrats to Carissa! She totally deserves it. She helped me Twitterfy myself yesterday. I haven't determined if that's a good or bad thing.

And I LOVE Deb's name idea.

Ali said...

"I ran a stop sign in an unfamiliar city and I can't stop shaking" Not that that's happened to me. And not that I immediately had a whiskey and Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper when I got home.

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

How about sunny side up? OK I don't know it just came into my crazy head!

Dads(2) said...

Makin' Love in the Sun---oh yes, that's it! I'm soooo the winner . . .

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Ahhhh! We have the same friends :).

BTW: Thanks for your great comments lately. Lovin' this award :).

Annie said...

I think you should call it Cheap Date.

Congrats, Carissa!

Jenni said...

Carissa rocks my socks...you couldn't have chosen a nicer person to award with your, uh, award.

I think you should call the drink a Sunkist Tito but you should spell it Sunkissed Tito and I think you should only drink it while wearing a half shirt and a studded belt.

Rachel said...

I was going to stump for Jill's suggestion of "Two Tits" but then I read Andreanna's offering of "Orange Kissies for Male Sissies."

I am now torn as to which seems the most appropriate for YOUR drink.

Hmmm . . .I shall have to ponder this a bit longer.

Following In My Shoes -- the baby took over the blog

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Where did you find that Vodka? So now that my stomach has settled and I was able to take a another sip of my 18yr Mccallum. I propose this should be the "J-driver" . See you drive it and eventually if not carefull it drives you stright to the porcelain gods for adivice. Be brother.

Tony @ oregonelkhorns.blogspot.com

Momisodes said...

I'm such a lightweight.

Just looking at that has me buzzed.

I can't make decisions under these conditions!

(Methinks this is how Dadisodes scored a second date)

amelia bedelia said...

kist my tito!

Wendyburd1 said...

uhhh don't drink so I will suck at this...

Citrus Sippy-cup

The Yucky Yodeler

Half Squeezed (cuz it's diet...oh shut up)

Ash said...

OK, because I can't leave this one alone, how 'bout...

Midnight Sun - kind of in honor of Sarah Palin. You know Vodka is from Russia (Texas vodka?!), Palin can see "Russia from her house" in the Midnight Sun area + Sunkist.

Too much thought? Yeah, I'm putting off writing my post. How do you get any writing done with the fam around!?

Em

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson