Saturday, October 4, 2008

She does this one thing with her hands...



Ok, if the title didn't get your attention, place a mirror under your nose and check for vitals.

From time to time I want to introduce you to people I respect for one reason or another, and today I point the sword at a friend blogger, Deb at Dirty Socks and Pizza.

Deb and I just got started putting thoughts out into the blogosphere thanks to our friends Nannette and Ann, and she continues to humble us all with her writing. I want to urge you all to go read her, bookmark her, and keep going back. I hope you can tell, I'm a big fan.

Today's post, Que Sera Sera, is a bit of a tear jerker, I'm not gonna lie to you. But whether she is talking about her family or Target's Christmas selections showing up in...(what was it this year...June?) Deb really paints a vivid picture of her thoughts and feelings, and is well worth a read.

After you scroll thru some of her posts, drop her a comment about her writing...she's like all of us, she wants to know we heard her. ;-) And after you read her, come back and tell me how awesome I am. Remember, I'm a male...we need constant encouragement.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Jenn P at the Peacock's Nesting Place wrote:
"That is so great to put a shout out to a fellow blogger. Going to go and take a peek now.

P.S. No need to check my vital signs. ;) "

Sorry to have to delete your original comment Jenn, I had to fix this post. See Jenn's blog at: http://bobandjenns.blogspot.com/


Jay

Kristina P. said...

I thought guys needed constant sex? Hmmmm, everything I thought I knew has been so wrong.

It's a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

AnnieRoso said...

She's a one-of-a-kind. :-)

Luanne said...

Thanks fro the link! I really enjoyed her writing too!!

Ash said...

So great! Really, just wow.

Oh, and Jay, you're cool too.

By the way, how many hits from dirty old men have you received this morning?

Em

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

So great to see you at last night's Twitter GNO. Hope you'll join us every week!

Thanks for dropping by my site and for referring me to your friend's blog. Shout outs are always fantastic! I am heading over now to check out the tear jerker post.

Have a great day!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Funny, hands and all...

Jenni said...

Yaaaaaaaay Jay! <- encouragement

And now I am off the check out that blog!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog through another. I think thats a great idea to give shout outs. I'll have to check them out!

Nikka said...

Ok to be honest, I followed the link from Boobs Injuries and Dr. Pepper so i'm a random girl that randomly reads a random blog that you happen to randomly read and...yea. XD *fails at networking*

Kristen said...

I need to be reminded of that constant encouragement-I failed today with Brent's bathroom remodel. I just told him what was "wrong" with it. Now he is ignoring me. Sex will fix that right?

amelia bedelia said...

ok, you were right! I'm a follower now! thanks..

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson