Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yet another talent I don't have.


I missed you crazy kids.

Got back from Vegas last night, had to go there on business yet again. No, Im not hiding a girlfriend, boyfriend, or a special bank account that I fund hookers from. Thanks for your confidence.

So, I saw an amazing thing yesterday I wanted to share with you. I have such a deep admiration for the arts, whether in the form of music, canvas, or otherwise, and the motivational speaker that my company brought in was a truly incredible guy.

He spoke of being a father, an artist, innovation and more, and he really proved to be a man that you found yourself wanting to emulate.

And then, he painted. Three canvases on the stage, and as he began to paint on the first, U2's Beautiful Day came up. He painted furiously and quickly, putting paint on the canvas in a technique I had never seen live, until finally the image simply jumped into your consciousness. And we sat there quietly until it did, and then as if he had reached into our heads simultaneously, we all erupted into cheering and applause as we realized what he had created, all in just the duration of that one song...a fantastic image of Bono himself.

Now, Im sorry I didnt catch the creation of the Bono painting on video, as it really was the moment of revelation as to what he was doing. But watch the other two videos I got of the other two paintings, especially the second. You will hear me realize what the painting is of on the audio...I caught on before anyone else around me, so see if you get it before I did.

In the spirit of Jen's A Thousand Words Thursday, his talent and inspirational talk really left me in awe. Wish you could have been there with me...





Cheaper Than Therapy


Stumble Upon Toolbar

30 comments:

Debz said...

I have seen this before, and even someone who may not particulary love the arts cannot say that isnt amazing! They'd be lying if they did.
That's an awesome talent!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I'm in awe. Thanks for sharing those Jay, I've never seen something like that before. It makes me wish I were really good at something...instead of just mediocre at a bunch of things. ;)

Kim said...

WOW! I am amazed by people who can do this kind of thing.

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

That is very cool stuff.

Ann Harrison said...

Oh my gosh Jay! How amazing! Thank you so much for posting this!!! (I'm going to share this with hubby.)
(I love the music he chose as his soundtrack too :-> )
***I got it at 1:24. Now if only I caught on that quickly for my SAT's***

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

This was amazing to watch. Thanks for sharing...p.s.. still laughing about the opening lines! ( girlfriend or boyfriend LOL)thanks for the laugh

Kristina P. said...

SO interesting! I am going to Vegas next month. In between my time prostituting and gambling, maybe I can catch this guy.

Piece o' Coconut Cake said...

I've seen the video before but how neat to see it in person! happy ATWT.

Sandra said...

I so wish I was there for the speaker...

He was truly amazing... I too, love allform of art and self expression...

but alas... I can't draw stick people, so I too am frequently in awe of such raw talent.

Thank you for sharing.

Ali said...

That is so cool--I wish I had to talent to create art like that:)

Michelle said...

Wow, that was incredible! I would love to have that kind of talent.

Alisha said...

That is amazing! What a truly talented artist! Hope you had fun in Vegas!

http://theeadles.blogspot.com
http://thetuesdayfund.blogspot.com

Candice said...

Very impressive. I thought the first painting was George Foreman for the longest time. Yeah, I'm not so quick on the draw, so to speak.

There was a lady on Ellen the other day that did the same type of painting, except she danced around and did martial arts while she did it. Very cool!

Glad your Vegas trip was a good one. Don't forget to take the FULL course of your antibiotics!

Sarah said...

That truly is amazing! I wish I could do that.

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Wow and I thought being double jointed was a great talent to have......

Jillene said...

I have seen this guy before and he is FREAKING AMAZING!! Thanks for sharing!!

Juliana said...

WOW. I'm adding this to drinking huge ass margs at Kahunaville, watching the Belliago fountains and eating at In and Out Burger on my Vegas to do lists!

Jen said...

how cool is that!!!

Young Momma said...

I was wondering where you were! :) Glad you enjoyed your trip to Vegas!

Sera said...

That is insanely amazing. WOW. What an awesome experience that must have been.

Jenni said...

COOL!

You could totally do that, I bet!

Momisodes said...

OMG! That is awesome. All of that in less than 2 minutes. Incredible.

What a talent to have such vision. I love the moment you discovered who it was. I had no idea, but saw it as soon as you said it :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That is just crazy beautiful! I am in awe! Thanks for sharing that!

Lee said...

Jesus, that's amazing.

Oh, and I don't believe you. I saw you in Pahrump with the hookers.
Don't try and hide it.

Vodka Mom said...

Wow!!!

And wait a minute, I thought that was supposed to STAY in Vegas. However, I am glad it didn't.

Unknown said...

I can do that.

In my mind.

The Mom Jen said...

Cool...when we were in Vegas we saw a guy making amazing art with spray paint. We hung out near him a lot, the smell...er..art, what phenomenal.

Claremont First Ward said...

More info, please. I only live 3.5 hours from Vegas so this would be a great excuse to go for the weekend.

AND..........you never told us you sound like Nicolas Cage! Or is that just me?

Beck said...

Amazing! That guy is really talented!

Jenners said...

Ok...this is totally cool!
And I voted for Momisodes already so that is covered too!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson