Saturday, January 10, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute Recap

Tuesday's Tribute
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.


The Inaugural Tuesday's Tribute turned out to be a roaring success. Deb and I wanted to thank you all for embracing this idea, and for being so creative...

We had some fantastic Tributes to family, kids, husbands...some heartfelt, some tongue-in-cheek. Also, some GREAT blogs surfaced as well that I am now following...two things are for sure: there is sure some great talent out there, and you need to share it with the rest of us!!

Now two posts were fantastic oddities this past week, and I point them out now because I want you to understand better about what Tuesday's tribute is all about. Deb did a very understandable post (considering what her family was putting her through at the time) about the beauty and healing power of SNOW. Also, Em did an unexpected and hilarious Tribute to...SHARPIES. Em in particular was worried that she had departed too far, and was off the TT spirit. She couldn't have been more wrong!! The post was fantastic.

The whole idea of Tuesday's Tribute is to talk about someONE else, or someTHING else...be it funny or serious, you all hit the nail on the head, and we hope you come back each Tuesday!!

My head has been spinning furiously all week for ideas for my own Tributes... My son has a birthday coming up, My Mom has a personal struggle, I've got some GREAT blogs to Tribute...and hell, this is the chance for me to do my Tribute to the Night-Time Pull-up that I have been sitting on...so to speak...And I have an old boss who I will be Tributing, just as soon as I figure out which door in Hell is his.

Use it as a chance to let your emotions flow...to celebrate someone one week, and call them out the next week. Do a tribute to Movie Popcorn, if you want...celebrate it's buttery goodness and admire it's speed from your mouth to your muffintops. Whatever you do, use Tuesday's Tribute as your own personal Hyde Park Corner.

We LOVE that you came out to play, and we hope to read you again on Tuesday. Remember...It's not all about you.

For more information on Tuesday's Tribute, or to grab a button, go here.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

angi_b72 said...

glad you started it!! It is fun adn I love reading all the tributes!!

Deb said...

you really and truly ARE 1/2 female. maybe even 3/4. the popcorn to muffintops is so hilariously female.

can't wait til tuesday!

Wendall K said...

Does Jill know about this? If she does I'm scared. Hahaha

Ash said...

Aw, thanks for the shout out.

I'm still waiting for the call from Sharpie wanting to sponsor my blog.

Deb - I'm STILL digging your hair!!

Jenners said...

Thanks for the clarification of how broad the Tuesday Tribute thing can be!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I didn't manage to get a post up for it but I did enjoy reading everyone else's posts. Thanks for hosting this

Cassie said...

I just saw this and have spent the last hour reading through the tributes! This looks like great fun! I may have to join in next week. I am glad there is a "dark side" clause. That would probably be where my writing would fit in!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson