Sunday, January 11, 2009

No tags, please...just throw money.


So a little while back, my beautiful old pal Deb over at Dirty Socks and Pizza had been tagged to take an impromptu picture of herself and then tag ten people to do the same. Only, in true Deb fashion, she changed the rules and tagged ME to post simply post 10 pictures of myself. But in tribute to you, my dear friend, I will be changing the rules again. Eat it. ;-)

Then, another hot mommy blogger Tena at My Therapy tagged me from a post of hers to say one nice thing to a male in my life, and name six ways I measure success in my life. (By the way, I wrote a guest post for Tena last year and NOBODY knew it was me...although many thought it was Blonde Cheryl..I was deeply flattered...)

So I rolled out of bed this morning and went down to the beach, much the same as I do every day. I asked a young lady to take my picture, and here it is...sorry for the quality of the picture, she was drooling and breathing quite heavily.



Then, with Tena's request in mind, I found my son and told him, "I will love you no matter what. Well...unless you turn out like your Daddy."

How do I measure success in my life? I will call this life a success if someone is better because they knew me. I call my blog a success if someone writes that what I said moved them, or made them laugh so hard they peed. Literally. I will call my marriage a success if my wife still wants to be with me after all I put her through. I will call this year a success if my Mom doesn't lose the sparkle in her eyes. I will call my career a success if I manage to keep my career despite all factors working against us. And if I make it through a day of Daddy Duty like today, I will call it a win if my kids tell me they love me at bedtime. And if they don't, I won't stop tickling them until they do.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 comments:

Beth said...

So if I peed myself, what do you recommend to remove the smell from the sofa?

Really... drooling and panting! So funny!

Ash said...

Wow - was that Spring Break '89 or '90?

Hawt!

Good luck with Daddy Duty. And your son could do much, much worse than to turn out like you.

Young Momma said...

Your gonna make people jealous for not answering their tags! lol Nice pic. What are you, 25?? lol

Deb said...

i guess i could tuck a couple of singles under that waistband for ya.

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Thanks for all the nice drool. I have been trying to think of a way to get my nipples on my blog for a while now.

I think I am gonna put this picture on my blog header...or the one of me in my satin hotpants.

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

LOL at your post. You are a great sport!

t said...

Ha...I didn't realize that someone thought you were me during Tena's mystery guest posting. Do I sound that angry all the time? HAHA! You look way better in that foxy bathing suit than I ever could.

Jenni said...

LOVE that picture! The hair? Fabulous! Did you have highlights?

Kristina P. said...

Wow, you are a major hottie! You look like Conan OBrien with abs!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Maybe I should clarify...this picture was taken BEFORE I installed a protective coating over my abs...

Michelle said...

Jay, Jay, Jay! You make me laugh, you make me smile.....what more could you want from a fellow blogger?

Oh wait...how about a current picture. :)

kel said...

Hubba hubba...(people still say that right?)

Crafty Christina said...

As Jenn said, you are a great sport!

Candy said...

You HAD abs, now you just have guts (for posting that). Nice job!

Summer said...

great positioning of the fan to get the hair all windblown like that!

and the rest, beautifully said!

Dawn said...

Great ways to define success in your life. Touching.

I love how humble you are with your picture! ROFL!

Tenakim said...

very sweet and your picture inspired me to do some sit ups- does that count?

Candice said...

Jay, I have to make sure I have depends on prior to reading your blog. There. Happy?

Unknown said...

Jay - oh that was a good one! That success tag works for you. I'm glad you accepted it and shared more of your good soul with us. Happy week ahead!

Lee

Unknown said...

And I guess I should've said SOMETHING about the pic...is that you? :-)

Jenners said...

I peed myself and was moved so a two-fer!

And who the heck is that guy in the photo? Gordon Ramsey? I know from your little photo at the top you look more like Elvis Costello. (At least in that photo you do.) And that is a compliment by the way. Not sure how you would feel about that.

And I was toying with the idea of giving you the Honest Scrap award later this week (which I just got) because you are one of the most honest bloggers I've come across but I know you don't like that stuff so I guess I'll just let you know I thought of you but won't put you through the torture.

Unknown said...

Does it count if I read it and then go pee later?

Anonymous said...

nice!! **slips a $20 in your trunks**

Claremont First Ward said...

Did you catch the $20 I just threw your way? Wait......checking purse....I think it was a C note.

These comments are some of the best I've ever read! :)

jill jill bo bill said...

You are hysterical! How does your wife put up with you? Thanks for the nipple shot, BTW.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love the 'success measurements'...is it OK if I wait to pee, though, instead of spontaneously do it while reading your post...or do I have to throw money at you first? ;)

I just about spit my drink out when I read Jenners comment - that picture does make you look like a young Gordon Ramsey! LOL!!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson