Tuesday, November 4, 2008

!!URGENT: ELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT!!


But before my announcement, I would like to thank those of you who came forward to tell my wife that we were sleeping together. It was hard for her to hear, but not nearly as hard as the following will be for her...Because as you all know,

For every happy blogger, there is a disapproving spouse standing right behind them.

I love to write, and I love to entertain. And the fact that some of you like what I scribe fills my heart and girds my loins like little else. Which leads me to my announcement and the reason why my wife will not speak to me for the next 8 years...

I have decided to pursue the highest office in the land, I ask for your vote to make me the next President of these United States.

If you have not voted yet today, I ask you to cast your vote for Jay @ Halftime Lessons for President. If you have already voted, and if you believe in my ability to command this great nation, I ask you to return to the polls and ask to cast your vote again.

I have not come upon this decision lightly, mostly I was motivated by you, my readers, and then this morning, I received my first and only endorsement...

Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass


And then I knew. It is time. Time I use my blogging for good, and not for evil.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go find a smokin' hot running mate.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol...i tried to get them to let me vote again...they would not *sigh*...**slaps the lady at the voting booth**

Momisodes said...

"For every happy blogger, there is a disapproving spouse standing right behind them."- ROFL! Ain't that the truth ;)

I didn't see you on the ballot. Perhaps I'll go back and pencil you in :)

amelia bedelia said...

I already voted, but I'm not doing anything for the next four years, If you need a running mate!!

Kristina P. said...

Dang it! If you had only posted this earlier this morning!

Whitney R said...

Why not get your wife to run with you?

She's smokin hot.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Sorry Jay...I already voted. Maybe next time....or maybe not! (because I'm still holding a grudge that you didnt pick my awesome Led Zep boxed set)

jori-o said...

Congrats to you on this momentous decision...and my condolences to your wife.
Maybe MamKat could be your running mate...she's smokin hot and she claims to make good banana bread. There's the answer to all our foreign policy.

Deb said...

rats! i wish i would have known. i had a write in spot open. it wasn't for President, but i could have helped score you a spot in congress. i ended up penciling in my son's name, instead.

Wep said...

If you are looking for volunteers I think you are a MAVERICK! And I can see the turnpike from my house :)

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

I don't know what to say. we could have had our first lesbian President and first Smoking hot female VP. I say 2012 you are rocking it.

Jenni said...

Oh I SO would have written you in, Jay!

Claremont First Ward said...

Now. Why didn't I see this BEFORE I voted? :)

Ash said...

OK, who are you sleeping with to get THAT!? Totally cool new bling.

Early voted last week, sorry. One of the fringe benefits of being a Texas resident.

Em

Rachel said...

If I was in my state today, I would have voted for you.

Congratulations on Alltop. . . and you have NO idea how jealous I am of you.

Unknown said...

That is awesome you got on AllTop! :) Congrats!

Dads(2) said...

Am I out? No pun intended

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson