Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So Much Time and So Little To Do!! Wait...reverse that...


Sorry to drop a bomb like that and run, but there has been a lot to do this morning...so let me bring you up to speed.

My wife knows how much I love the Blogging world, and writing, but SERIOUSLY drew the line at letting me go party with 1500 women in a hotel for a weekend. And as we have been mapping out travel plans for the year, BlogHer has always been at the back of my mind. Nagging.

So when my wife's best friend had a baby a while back, she started making plans to go visit them...by herself...with daddy home babysitting for the weekend. And thus began what I refer to now as "Guiltgate".

Now here is the part of the story I can't get into too much detail on...how I will be getting in. See, like all of you, I have made great friends in the Blog world, and some of those friends have offered to help me attend a sold out BlogHer '09 conference. Yes, I will be paying, btw, and that is all I can say.

So as my blushing bride and I sat to discuss last night, again the topic came up. And again I pushed as hard as I could without having to scour the yellow pages for daddy-friendly divorce lawyers.

And then...SHE SAID YES!!!!

only...with conditions.

Condition #1. I'm not allowed to have sex with anyone except myself.

Condition #2. I have to stay with her friend who lives in Chicago. This was a tough one for me, but I understand that doing so will give her some comfort. So dammit, but ok.

Condition #3. I have to call her fucking constantly.

Condition #4. I have to go see family friends who live close to Notre Dame, and that will cut into some of the things I want to attend, but again, so be it.

Condition #5. I have to owe her a lot. For a long time. This one is subjective, so I may be able to get around it as soon as I get back.

Anyway...I AM GOING!!

Now before any of you crazy broads ask, I am not giving out my travel details...another condition of my wife's because she firmly believes you all to be sex starved internet loonies.

But I hope to lay eyes on you at some point!! I should be easy to spot...I'll be the BlogHIM.




COPYRIGHT HALFTIME LESSONS 2008, 2009
All rights reserved. This content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, without the prior written permission of the author.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

April said...

very cool. have fun! wish i were going... LOL about the sex starved maniacs btw!!!

April said...

p.s. that being said... i would NEVER let my husband go. haha!

kisatrtle said...

Your wife is planning something...be prepared when you come back.

Have fun.

Brenda said...

Sounds like your wife is one smart woman!

Wish I were going!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I am so jealous. Now everyone but me is going. Just Kidding. I hope you have fun, but not too much fun because that would probably mean you were breaking some of the "rules."

Beth said...

Your wife is a wise woman. Everyone should always know their boundaries.

Unfortunately, my job won't allow time off to go to Chicago. I really want to meet some fellow bloggers...

Ash said...

The real question is, did you squeal like a little girl when she relented?

Come on, you know you did.

Have fun!!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Jay, do you have a conference pass? It appears I am not attending, now :(

3 of my 6 children are sick, to include my infant who I was going to bring with me. I breastfeed, so where he goes,I go, and since he can't go, neither can I :(

The Mom Jen said...

Your wife is smart, too bad she just couldn't join you. I would SO be going with my Hubby! :) Have a blast!

Debz said...

And another one bites the dust. That makes everyone. Everyone but me that is.
Have fun...whatever...

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so excited for you........your wife is a darling to let you go (and for the record, I think I'd want her conditions, too). She's smart, too. You're going to owe her for like, forever. :)

I want all the details. Work your magic and bring her WITH you to SITScation in Vegas in October! :)

Unknown said...

You guys crack me up!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm SO jealous! Wish I could go, but alas, I felt I was too 'green' a blogger to attend. But next year...(fingers crossed!) :)

Your wife is a very wise woman...I think all of her conditions are very reasonable! :) And remember - you owe her...BIG time! ;)

Sharlene said...

They are all sex starved maniacs but you are a good husband. And your wife is a saint! All the cool kids are at Blogher and I am stuck here being a ref in the great "MINE!" arguement of 09!

Summer said...

Lucky duck! I am so going to try to go next year...

Texasholly said...

OMG. You pulled off the impossible. So jealous. Maybe if I had promised not to have sex with anyone but myself...maybe that would have worked?

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson