Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TT - No Time For Flash Cards

I kinda missed Tuesday's Tribute. I only do them from time to time anymore, but certainly when I came across No Time For Flashcards recently, I knew it was a well deserved Tribute opp.



In my current wild and blinding Twitter addiction I recently was adding folks left and right to follow those who seemed to have something special, in the hopes of developing some new relationships and growing my Twitter following. That is to say, I was looking for people who seemed to make their 140 characters really hum. And I came across a woman named Allison who everyone seemed to know but me.

After a little investigation of her website, I realized I had found a gem...she has a fantastic blog, an amazing personality, and a very large following. Turns out I am last to know. Again.

Allie's blog is a wonderful collection of reviews, craft projects, parenting advice, activities, and my personal favorite, songs. You see, she sings them...on video...and they are infectious.

Now, poor Allie thinks I'm a stalker, I'm sure. Because I have been tweeting about her, talking about her blog, and now here's a Tribute from some random guy on the internet.

I promise I'm not sitting outside your house in the rain with a drenched candle.

I just wanted you to know that the fun that my kids and I had together tonight was because of the work you have done.

So, Thanks Allie. And please ask around...I'm odd, but no psycho.




Allie's Blog: http://www.notimeforflashcards.com
Allie's Twitter: @NoFlashCards


ONE MORE THING!!! My friend Em is starting her Comments for Cans drive today over at Life, Liberty and The Pursuit. PLEASE go see her, leave a comment, and make sure you're following her blog!!

Tuesday's Tribute






COPYRIGHT HALFTIME LESSONS 2008, 2009
All rights reserved. This content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form, by any means, without the prior written permission of the author.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Jenni said...

That was SO freakin' cute!

Love the potty champion high five at the end!

Evolving Mommy Catherine said...

I have been following Alli on Twitter for a while and just recently spent some time at her blog and love it! It is funny that you mention her today because she was just announced as "Mommy Blogger of the Year" at Project Mommyhood.

Oh and Jay your performance was so riveting my daughter is begging to watch it again.

kisatrtle said...

That was oozing with cuteness. Seriously. Just oozing!

Off to check out this new blog!

Allie said...

Thank you so much!I am tickled to know that your adorable little ones are having fun with my site, even my borderline insane songs videos.

My son is potty training too , we just watched the video and after oohing and ahhing about the "pretty princess in the blue ballet dress" <--- his exact words. He wanted to go be a potty champion!

Thanks :)

nicole said...

So cute. Love the potty cheer.

Unknown said...

Your kids are just crazy cute.

I started following Allie a few weeks ago but hadn't looked at her blog yet. It's wonderful! Thanks for the heads up J-Man!

P.S. Wahoo for the potty!! Can you come over and get mine to go now?

The Mom Jen said...

That was so cute, love the potty champ at the end! "mine!!"

Claremont First Ward said...

That video with the kids was so enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure we have the same trim in our houses. Leather couches are good, too. Very, very good.

I'm off to check out Allie. Apparently, I'M the last to find out about her. :)

Alisha said...

LOL! My daughter Chloe thought you were too cool for words!

Lee said...

That video is so cute!

That's a really neat blog though. Too bad I don't have kids. Hahaha.

Ash said...

Would you send your Potty Champion over here please? I could use all the help I can get.

Adorable sing-along!!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson