Monday, April 6, 2009

The Prompt Post


Howdy, fruit loops. Happy Monday to you. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did, until my boss emailed me stuff Saturday morning that didn't paint me in a very good light, so I got to be pissed off and lose sleep over it all weekend. Thanks, my man. Owe ya.

Your Tuesday's Tribute options this week:

1. Anything/Anyone you feel is worthy of a POSITIVE tribute. Friend? Family? Marshmallow Fluff?

2. Anything/Anyone you feel is worthy of a NEGATIVE tribute. Politician? Celebrity?

3. A blog or website that you love. I love it when you recommend sites, it's like a treasure hunt.

4. And this week's special prompt: Someone at retail that really helped, OR who REALLY pissed you off...I may have a disturbing story to share on this prompt this week...

And Remember:

Each week from now on I will be picking my favorite Tribute from all the submissions, and featuring the link to that post in a newfangled sidebar button...thingy. Whether I love your writing, whatever you are tributing, or if you just made me laugh out loud, I will pick one post per week, and feature it in my center bar directly above. Just a little linky love each week to thank you for participating in Tuesday's Tribute.

Congrats again to Hip Chick whose post I really enjoyed last week, and whose link got to sit at the top of my blog all week! Nice work, Hip! (Can I call you Hip? Or do you prefer Mrs. Chick?)

Can't wait to see your tributes...remember, on Tuesday, it's not all about you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Sucks big time about the boss email. Why do they do that?

If it makes you feel any better, I've had one of the worst weekends of my life. Bar none. Almost.

I will try and come up with something amazing to add to your Tues. tribute...

Beth said...

Drink a beer. Or seven. And get some sleep.

Great idea on the prompt. Hmmmm... Now you've got me thinking.

Anonymous said...

I really like the new twist. Now to get my butt in gear and do it.

jill jill bo bill said...

Bosses suck. Except me. I am cool.

Alisha said...

That sucks about work. I worked all weekend too! :S

Can't wait to do my tribute!

Clare said...

oh that doesn't sound fun about work and losing sleep. we were potty training all weekend, so I definitely know what you mean!!

amelia bedelia said...

Hey, I'm a cool boss, too. I'm off to check out Ms. Chick or Hip. whatever.

Texasholly said...

hmmmmmm...thinking. thinking. thinking.

MLC's Mom said...

Thank you sooooo much for the prompts! Thanks to YOU I have something in mind. :o)

Linda S said...

Sorry!!!...Hope the week gets better...I have a good one for Tuesday ...better get writing!

posthumous pointer
To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded. - Emerson